CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL WEBER
Spotsylvania, Virginia | 540.840.7856 | firstname.lastname@example.org
College of William and Mary, Class of 2015 | Bachelor of Arts, English | Cum Laude
Graduate with an established record of academic achievement, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary initiatives and journalistic publication. Interested in applying leadership skills and enthusiasm toward the U.S. Coast Guard’s mission through commitment to excellence.
WORK AND INTERNSHIPS
Correspondent – Daily Press | Newport News, VA | December 2013 – May 2015
- Produce NCAA and varsity game stories for daily subsidiary of Tribune Publishing.
Sports Stringer – Williamsburg-Yorktown Daily | Williamsburg, VA | August 2014 – May 2015
- Write varsity game stories on deadline for daily online paper of Local Voice Media.
Auxiliary University Programs Internship | New London, CT | May 2014 – July 2014
- Augmented the U.S. Coast Guard Academy’s Public Affairs Office. Qualified as watchstander and prepared for RFO inspection at U.S. Coast Guard Station New London.
United States Coast Guard Auxiliary | December 2011 – Present
Auxiliary University Programs Deputy Division Leader, Unit Leader | May 2013 – May 2015
- Currently serve as Auxiliary University Program’s Deputy Division Leader. Oversee and advise all Unit Leaders while maintaining the program’s primary data management and reporting system. Completed work with an Auxiliary-staffed design team on the U.S. Coast Guard International Port Security Program’s Annual Report in February 2015.
- As Unit Leader at William and Mary, fostered working relationships with NASA DEVELOP and the U.S. Coast Guard Atlantic Area Historian’s Office. Created ‘Operations Weekend’ standard operating procedure with an estimated cost-savings of $15,000. Nominated for two U.S. Coast Guard Meritorious Team Commendations.
Division 054-06 Staff Officer of Communications | January 2014 – May 2015
- Maintain marine radio operational readiness in Peninsula region, including direct oversight of six flotilla staff offices and organization of bimonthly radio drills.
The Flat Hat | Williamsburg, VA | August 2011 – March 2015
- Produce two issues per week and daily online content. As sports editor and columnist, responsible for budgeting, page design and editing. Coverage includes NCAA Division I athletics and Colonial Athletic Association news and events. Authored over 200 bylines.
PROFICIENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary | U.S. Coast Guard Meritorious Team Commendation, Telecommunications Operator, Vessel Examiner, Sustained Service Award
Journalism | 2014 Pacemaker Finalist, familiar with Adobe CS5 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Associated Press Style, experience with various social media platforms
Leadership | Graduated U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Leadership and Management School, recognized by William and Mary’s Eta Circle of Omicron Delta Kappa in the fall of 2014